About Tilcha Kennels
My Breeding Ethics. source number RB117818
· Breeding for health and good temperament all health testing available for that breed should be considered
· Every mating is carefully planned for the betterment of the breed with the Breed standard always being strived for!
· Taking every care to insure the good health and well being of all my dogs and puppies!
· Keeping my dogs well including excellent husbandry, keeping their health in top condition. And training puppies to be happy enjoyable companions
· Being honest in my dealings with people, both other breeders and puppy families. Keeping up with what is happening worldwide in my breed.
· My girls are not ever mated before 15 months of age
· My girls are only be mated if they are in good health at the time of mating (Vet Tested)
· My puppies are only available to approved loving homes! Screening prospective homes carefully to ensure that I am placing the right puppy in the right home for both the pup and family.
· Always being there for my owners and their pups if needed, I love to keep in touch with my puppy owners.
· I like to always educate general public at every opportunity in why to buy from an ethical breeders
· Attending ANKC events .. I believe every ANKC breeder should be competing with their dogs in something, whether it be conformation shows, Judging or performance or any of the activities ANKC provides ..
· Continuing to learn more and support my dogs to have a better life.
*** A & UK CH Tilcha Stylish Armini
Lowchens Since 1976
Breeding since dogs 1962
The Lowchen is a toy breed up to 13”
He is described as a bit of a clown, because of his great happy disposition and willingness to learn and to please, being a very intelligent dog you need to train them early so as to have a happy long life with them the Lowchen have been known to live up to 18 years, many to at least 16 or more. You will find them in many colors and mixture of color and all are permissible. Most Lowchen will go through a change in the color that they are born and many times the coat changes many times during there life.
The Lowchen is a very robust energetic, fun loving dog who is very affectionate and intelligent. He is exclusively a house pet and companion, and is good with children.
Being a non allergenic dog he makes a loyal charming member of the family enjoying the company of other pets he has grown up with, enjoying sports such as agility, Fly ball, Obedience, and Therapy dog, and great show dog.
The Lowchen being a sturdy small dog is sound with few medical problems, they are ideal in houses where there is a small space, he must be regularly groomed but may be kept in a pet clip or lion trim.
My lions below
As a small kennel my personal objective is to breed dogs sound in body, mind and spirit. Striving for constant and never ending
Improvement: Show dogs and pets alike must have a good temperament and be healthy and sound.
What can you expect from a Tilcha Lowchen?
Regersted breeder with
The Problem Solver Over the 50 years I have been working in the pet industry, I have assisted many of my client's dogs as well as my own through various medical problems with my holistic products. I have learned much as a breeder and groomer and have been able to provide advice to many clients, show exhibits, breeders, friends and acquaintances regarding herbal, Oils, flower, crystal, energy, and natural "hands on" therapies for common (and rare) ailments experienced by their show dogs and breeding stock which are their beloved pets. Working with dogs who have stress problems, I also have an interest in natural products that have scientific backing as to how and why they work, and have been studying natural products for people over the past 18 years, seeing where these can help our Animal friends
Australias first Lowchen
A CH Jilland Double Delight Imp UK
"These were the first Lowchen to be imported into Australia. Pipper being the first Lowchen to win a Best Exhibit in group at an all Breeds championship show, she was also the Dam of the first Best in show Lowchen At an all breeds Championship show in the world"
Latter I brought in another Lowchen She helped to give me more lines to go on with
The Lowchen is a toy breed that grows up to 13” (32cm).He is described as a bit of a clown with a happy disposition and willingness to learn and to please. . Being a very intelligent dog you need to train them early so as to have a happy long life with them. The Lowchen have been known to live up to 18 years, many to at least 16 or more. You will find them in many colours and mixture of colour and all are permissible. Most Lowchen will go through a change in the colour that they are born and for many dogs the coat changes many times during their life.
The Lowchen is a very robust, energetic, fun loving dog who is very affectionate and intelligent. He is exclusively a house pet and companion, and is good with children.
Being a non allergenic dog he makes a loyal charming member of the family enjoying the company of other pets he has grown up with. Lowchens enjoy sports such as Agility, Fly ball, Obedience ad more. They make good therapy dogs, and are great show dogs. The Lowchen being a sturdy small dog is sound with few medical problems. They are ideal in houses where there is a small space. They must be regularly groomed but may be kept in a pet clip or lion trim.
Background of the Little Lion Dog
The Lowchen is from the family of Bichons undoubtedly evolved as they travelled from the Mediterranean into Europe. Many feel that the breed was developed in Germany, but France is listed as the official country of development in the late 14th century. Being favourites of the Florentine Nobles the Lowchen catered to the whims of the elite. Ladies at court clipped the hair from the dogs backs and used them as hot water bottles as was the thing to do in those days. The breed has been traditionally clipped this way in a lion trim. In fact, with this clip, waving hair flowing, and his tail carried over the back with a plume, and in all the varieties of colours, he became a favourite of the ladies.
Now after knowing a little more about this loveable Little Lion if you decide this may be the dog for you, if you make contact with the breed clubs in both Victoria and NSW they will be able to give you information about available puppies. To find out where and when you can meet the breed and to speak to any of the breeders just phone or email me and take time to come and meet the dogs in their own environment or come and see us at some shows or at training to get a better perspective of this delightful breed and its needs and see if they will fit into your family. Also go to my page on pets: lowchen.net or on face book Little Lion Dogs of Victoria
Frankston Nth, VIC, Australia
Phone : 038707 1146
Email : [email protected]